Friday, September 28, 2012

Rise and Shine give God the glory, glory!




I used to wake up in the morning and my prayer would be "oh dear God help get me through this day".  Not a great way to start my day saying that.  I see now how words can dictate my attitude and behavior for the day.  God has been showing me how I need to be in peace through ALL things.  Even it means another night of insomnia, up with kids, spilled my coffee, not having coffee...whatever happens hold my peace and rejoice in the Lord.  I made up my mind to have peace and joy for the day and not to dread the day. You can't have joy and dread in the same place it doesn't work. Now my prayer when I wake up is "thank you Father for this day, help me to enjoy every moment".   

I wake up my boys in the morning for school and beginning singing out loud "Rise and shine, give God the glory glory...it's going to be a great day".  I want to teach them and show them they joy of the Lord.  To have joy in our day, to have peace when things go wrong and to know ALL things work for the good to those whose love them.  At first they give me looks like "mom, really already" I just smile and keep singing and before you know it that are humming it as they walk around.  I want my joy to be contagious not the grumps.  We always say right before we walk out the door...”I am a child of God, I am wonderfully made, and great things are going to happen to me today!" It is like our own little pep rally.  Teaching them to know they are gifts, they are special and they can do all things through Christ.  It has been a lesson as much for them as it has been for me.  Speak words of favor over your day and see how things change.  

This is the day the Lord has made, I will rejoice and be glad in it!

No comments:

Post a Comment