Monday, October 15, 2012

At home with God


If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word: and My Father will love him, and We will come to him and make Our home with him .. John 14:23


As I read this scripture the other morning the first thing I said was "beautiful".  Welcomed in the home of God just hanging out, kicking back, resting in Him.  At times I have this picture in my head of a gigantic rocking chair and this tiny little me climbing up on the lap of God just rocking back and forth in the living room.  That is my place of peace, my secret hide out you might say.  When the weights of the world and the enemy comes at me trying to convince me of lies I just close my eyes and picture me sitting there. Knowing God the Almighty is holding me in His arms and has it all under control.  It is comforting to my boys when they wake up in the middle of the night for whatever reason and come into my room for me to say "it's ok". All they need at that moment is comfort.  I give them a sweet hug and a kiss, pray for them and we walk back to their room.  I cover them back up, kiss their head, tell them their sleep will be sweet and back to sleep they go.  That is what the Father does for me.  He takes care of me.  He wants me to rest in Him, trust in Him, and believe in Him.  Let him take care of things we don't have to reason or figure it out.  Just rest..  He has been bringing me to so many scriptures on abiding in Him. I just need to lay it down drop it at his feet climb up on his lap and rest at home with Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment