Thursday, May 16, 2013

Be still and be yourself...

Sharing your heart is tough.  One, you think others are gonna think your even crazier then you perceive yourself.  Two, you just don't want to be vulnerable.  God resists the proud but gives grace to the humble.  I want the beauty of God completely encased in my heart.  To have that I need to get the junk out.  Junk like comparing myself to others, insecurity, doubt, jealousy.  Ahhh...I don't like saying I have that stuff in my heart.  I don't want to be ashamed of that but I want it out.  I don't want to be jealous of some other person, I don't want to be timid and insecure in who I am, I don't want to do doubt the abilities God has given me.  Father take those ugly gross things and turn them into beauty.  Fill my heart with your beauty and help me see myself as you see me.

I have no idea why He is wanting me to write this and post it but if you too are struggling with feeling inadequate or not measuring up.  Please pray with me..Father, I thank you for loving me just as I am right at this very moment.  I don't need to be perfect before you love me.  You love me even with this junk and I ask that you take it God, take all of this grossness that is effecting how I perceive myself.  Fill my heart with your beauty.  Help me to see myself as you see me.  To be happy for those around me when they prosper and not to feel threatened because of insecurities.  To know that I have the righteousness of God within me and marvelous are your works.  For I am wonderfully made.  Help me to be a blessing to others to show them your love and to know you are real!  In your name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment