Tuesday, September 17, 2013

The humble will be blessed..

  I was embarrassed when I first climbed in the wheelchair, pride was trying to tell me how stupid and weak I looked.  I told my husband this is humbling and he said maybe that is why you are in it.  It may not seem like a big deal to some about riding in a motorized wheelchair but for me it was a very tough thing to do. To be seen in public weak, yuck! I don't want to appear weak but that is where God was doing some work.  My boys were being amazing helping and encouraging me throughout the shopping time.  My husband chasing and wrangling our energetic 2 year old (full time job).  I was starting to feel good, I am out shopping together with the family.  I can do this.  Then the huffs from people, the eye rolls and stares.  I could feel myself shrinking down feeling like I was sticking out like a giant dinosaur. Just what the enemy wanted.  He was trying to steal my joy that I was starting to feel.  Steal any ounce of positiveness that was trying to forge ahead.  I have no idea why God has me going through this experience but I know he is working in the midst of it. Maybe it is showing me how I can help others once I am healed and free to walk about again someday soon.  You might be in a place asking God why are you not taking me out of this situation, you have the power and I have the faith that you can take it away, why?  He may not answer you but he is working for you.  He has a plan but you have to trust Him.  Trust Him with the impossible.  Trust in the Lord your God with ALL your heart and lean not on your own understanding.  In ALL your ways acknowledge Him and he will direct your paths...Proverbs 3:5-6.  The key is ALL.  Don't reason, or what if, don't try and figure it out.  You have to trust with everything.  It doesn't mean it is going to be easy, it may be grueling tear jerking and painful but that is in the word "ALL", all situations.  He loves you and He loves me, trust Him.

Father, Thank you that you see me, know me, hear me and love me.  You have a plan that I may not understand but I trust you.  Help me on those days where I am discouraged to keep my focus on you.  I love you Lord with ALL my heart.  In your name Jesus, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment