Saturday, October 12, 2013

Loving who you are...


Love, lets talk about that for a bit. I love my God, my husband, my children, but myself...that is a work in progress.  I have good days about it and not so good days.  My husband said the other day, out of nowhere, "you are beautiful".  Instead of receiving it with thankfulness I responded with an eye roll and something like "your nuts".  My hair was all back, not a stitch of makeup on, and in my comfy clothes.  I honestly thought you are crazy.  He just responded with, "I think you are beautiful".  I sat there for a minute and felt like God was trying to tell me something important and I need to start believing it.  Why is it so hard for girls, ladies, women of all ages to struggle with liking themselves? I have been praying "God let me see myself like you see me" and then when he tells me through my husband I have an eye roll and insult back.  Sorry God, forgive me.  I truly want to see myself and love who I am, not in a puffed up attitude, but in the image of God's creation.  Fix my thoughts on what is true, pure, honorable and right.  Every good gift comes from the Lord.  I tell my kids everyday how much I love them, how wonderful they are..so, why can't I let myself believe that too.  I am signed up for an online bible study through Proverbs 31 Ministries, which is currently studying the book "A Confident Heart".  It starts tomorrow but I have skipped ahead and began reading it.  I sense this is going to be a great experience.  I know there will be times of brokenness but with that comes healing and freedom. Please Lord, hold my hand as we walk through this together.  I have a feeling there will be future posts about this process.

Father, Thank you for allowing me to win this book.  Thank you for the Proverbs 31 Ministries and the women's lives that they effect. I pray Lord that you use me and my story to help reach hearts that need healing.  Let us see ourselves as you see us, wonderfully made.

No comments:

Post a Comment