Sunday, January 19, 2014

Tip toes in the water

Standing at the side of a pool wondering if the water will be warm, cold, refreshing, relaxing, scary, stressful.  Awkwardness starts to rush over me, who's looking at me, what are they thinking.  Saying stop it, stop it in my brain but can't cause I am so concerned of looking ridiculous.  What ifs are now flooding my mind, of course all negative.  Will I actually be able to swim this time or will I sink to the bottom again.  Then, I finally decide to put my toes slightly in the water...How long will it take before I jump in carefree and unafraid, not sure.  But, I am jumping in the water and expecting God to overflow in my life. I may be slightly afraid, OK really nervous, but I am going. I believe this time it will happen! So here I go jumping in the water of a new journey of the unknown.  Feeling "Empowered" knowing God is for me!

Stand fast therefore in the liberty by which Christ has made us free, and do not be entangled again with a yoke of bondage.  Galatians 5:1

We can do this ladies, stay strong, hold the line, call out to God for that is where are help comes from.

8 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing. This journey has been one of jumping into the unknown, wondering if I will sink or swim this time, but I'm feeling #Empowered, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for taking the time to read this. Means a great deal to me. Sometimes you wonder if anyone sees. Praying for your journey as well may we both swim the race set out for us:)

      Delete
  2. I realize this is a metaphor, but it resonated with me because of what I have missed out on because of the struggle I've had with my weight. I refused to get into a bathing suit. It's not that I couldn't take my son to the pool or the lake to learn to swim, it's that I WOULDN'T. This feeling of inadequacy affected not only my life, but his. This just led to more shame and guilt. It's time to jump in---carefree and unafraid!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh sweet Angie (awesome name ny the way..lol) I am right there with you on the bathing suit. Praying for freedom to take hold in you and fears of all else is gone.
      Hugs!

      Delete
  3. Believing with you sweet Angela. You have a deep overflow of God, never doubt that. Its noticed. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nicki, that means alot to me. You have touched my heart through the last 3 studies. God has used your words in a mighty way in my life. Keeing speaking and sharing His love.

      Angie

      Delete
  4. My jumping off into the water has not come yet. I inch in only to jump back. Feel like a fraud too because I am a registered nurse. I should got this, but I don't got it. ( Pun intended) What happens when I fall flat or begin drowning again....and again....it never seems to matter, the toe in the water becomes a drowning experience.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Anonymous,
    He promises that the water will never over take us. We may be up to our neck, the waves may be crashing severely but he is right there and will not let us drown. Sometimes he doesn't throw that life saver in to immediately rescue us. Sometimes it is through the storm where we see His hand at work. We have to trust Him, reach out to Him, pray and believe. Praying for you that you will press pass the fear that is holding you back. Don't be afraid jump in to His promises. It may or may not be easy but so worth it. He is right there with you if you ask Him to be. You can't go to swim class and tell the instructor your plans you have to listen to them. Listen to Him, He is talking but not yelling.

    ReplyDelete