Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Run Forest, Run...

Have you seen the movie Forrest Gump? For some reason the vision of Tom Hanks running in that movie with his leg braces on came to my mind this morning.  Only when he started running with the braces ,only then, did the braces fall off of his legs.  His enemy was chasing him but he still managed to put one foot in front of the other.  Soon as he did what he could do, the braces fell off.  Now, I am aware that this a movie but I think there is a lesson there God is showing me.  Do you feel like you are strapped down with something? It doesn't have to be a physical disability but anything that is keeping you from the destiny God has called you into.  He is telling me today that even though I think I have things holding me back, I still can move forward.  I have to move, I have to take a step.  Yes, it may be hard...yes, it may be scarry, yes I have a million "what if" questions being thrown at me. But, you see that is the enemy.  I need to run the race God is calling me to.  I actually have no idea what it is yet but I sense in my spirit He is.  It may be a marathon before I get to where I need to be.  It may be a sprint.  All I know is that I have to move, trust Him to make the way and just run.  Run with all that I have in me and those chains, braces will fall off.  Kinda of ironic that I am typing about running when I struggle with just trying to walk normally through my home.  Do daily activities, even play with my boys.  I have an injury that has caused some trauma to my leg.  I haven't been able to use it in the normal way.  Each day I work hard and pray alot.  Have I been instantly healed, no.  Do I trust God, yes!  He will make all things work for my good.  So, you see the irony he is calling me to run.  Physically go out and put on running shoes, no.  There is something there though in that thought of "Forrest Gump", and I am letting fear hold me back.  What is holding you back?  Shall we together take that step of faith in whatever it may be.

Father,I thank you for the way you speak to me.  I know you are watching over me.  You are above me, beside me, underneath me and all around.  You are my shield and in you I put my trust.  Not my own desires or abilities but the things you are doing that I don't even see.  You are the Enthroned God, creator of all things and I am so thankful you watch over me.  Help me today, walk in what you are calling me to do.  Thank you sweet Jesus, in your mighty name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment