Friday, April 25, 2014

Is chaos and trials surrounding you?

John 10:10 The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly. 

Over the last year God keeps bringing me to this verse. To be on watch for the enemies schemes plotting to destroy my walk with Jesus. Be careful my dear and be on guard cause he walks around like a prowling lion looking to devour.  My time with Jesus in the morning is something I look forward to. It is like he gets me set up, cleaned up, dressed and ready.  Mind you I am still in my pj's, with bed hair and drinking coffee.  My date with the Lord in the quiet of the morning is a necessity. Worship is another priority.  We have worship music on all the time in our home.  I think it is important for your children to not just worship in church but to see it as a daily event to praise God.  Prayer, teach them and train them up in the ways of the Lord so they will not turn from it.  I love listening to their adorable prayers and how they talk with God.  My youngest, Elijah, prays at bedtime the sweetest prayers.  My oldest, Jackson, turns into a preacher when he prays. Our middle boy, Brady, has such a thankful heart in all things.  This is the abundant life for me my family loving God first and letting Him take care of the rest.  No, not every day is a rosy, hand holding, peachy kinda day. During those days of chaos and strife I have to remember those things are not from God. Be on guard, be watchful for the enemy and keep your eyes focused on Me (God says). We had a rotten last couple of weeks in our home.  Emotions were sad, stress was evident and it was starting to build and build. My husband would remind me "turn on worship music". I would utter things I was thankful for even though nonsense was happening.  Staying the course of reading His word, praising God, letting those tears fall when needed and holding unto Him. Doing those things allowed for healing and freedom.  Today, I felt in my spirit that God is saying, satan is attempting to distract you from my goodness and plans for your life.  This chaos is not from me, he is attempting to lure you away from the path of truth. Don't let him, keep your eyes fixed on Me.  I have amazing things planned for you.  Stay the course, put one foot in front of the other locking your eyes on me, and you will make it through.  I am so thankful for Jesus! He doesn't swoop down and save me from the trials that I am going through, but he gives me His wisdom on how to proceed through them.  All the time restoring, refreshing, re-shaping who I am in Him.  This is the abundant life, His joy, His grace, His forgiveness, His love all for me and you.  That is the abundant life I want for my children just as He does for His children.  My pastor said something so simple but so true "God good: enemy bad".  Bad things don't come from the Lord but there are times He allows those things to change us for His good.  If you are in a spot like my family was remember that the enemy is trying to distract you from the goodness of God.  Get your focus on God and believe that He wants an abundant life for you as well.  With Him all things are possible.  Believe in His power and His goodness.  Place one foot in front of the other and keep your eyes on Him.  Read His word, praise His name, pray to Him and trust all things work for the good to those who love Him.

Jesus, thank you for who you are.  You are great and awesome. I am so thankful I have you. I pray that those who are in trials and troubles right now look up to you the mighty King of Kings and say "I will trust you". I pray we keep our eyes focused on you and not our situations.  Thank you for working all things for our good because we love you. Be with us today and let your favor be upon us.  In your name, Amen.

1 comment: