Thursday, May 29, 2014

Ephesians 2:22, A treasure map with Jesus!

I have began a journey of reading the book Limitless Life, by Derwin Gray.  With reading that I have also joined a bible study on line with Proverbs 31 Ministries @proverbs31.org .  This week they are doing a blog hop on certain topics of discussion.  The one God chose for me to do is on verse mapping.  Although, I don't do it just like others, it is the way God speaks to me. I will attempt to explain it the best I can.  This type of studying for me I consider  a treasure hunt with Jesus.  Along my treasure hunt I begin with the main verse, Ephesians 2:22 In who you also are being built together for a dwelling place of God in the spirit.  This is the verse that was chosen by the study.  When the word "you" is said in a verse I try to remember to place my name there instead and read it again that way. Some how it makes it more real to me.  As I am reading the verse some words will jump out at me more then others.  If a single word does stand out, I then go to the back of my bible concordance and look up the word. There will be a list of verses all having that single word in more bible verses. I will read through those verses which will begin the process again.   This time the word dwelling leaped out at me while reading the starting verse Ephesians 2:22.  So, off I go to the concordance and look up dwelling.  This process continues as I go through my treasure hunt with Jesus. It is amazing the things he reveals to me or gives me a better understanding of what He is showing me.  I am hoping all of that makes sense and sparks a fire in your heart to study the most amazing book ever written, The Bible.

Treasure Hunt begins, Ephesians 2:22- In whom "Angela"also are being built together for a dwelling place of God in the spirit.

Dwelling: He who dwells in the secret place of the Most High, Shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. Psalms 91:1

Abide: "I am the vine, you are the branches. He who abides in Me, and I in him, bears much fruit; for without Me you can do nothing" John 15:5

Vine: " I am the true vine, and My Father is the vinedresser"

(Pulling it all together part)

God's letter to me:  Dear Angela, I am building you up with a strong foundation in Christ. I am preparing you for the future.  Trust me, I will protect you, rest in my love and care.  Do not listen to the lies of the enemy anymore.  I have dressed you.  You are anointed, free, chosen, loved, beautiful, gifted, talented, strong, courageous child of mine.  You, Angela, are my daughter a princess to the King of Kings.  

I hope this inspires you to find your own treasures with Jesus.  He has so many beautiful things to tell you. Don't believe the lies of the enemy.  Tear off those lies and place on you the Jewels of the King.  You are chosen by Him! Walk in His glory and believe what He says.

9 comments:

  1. Sherrie (P31 Group 12)May 29, 2014 at 10:22 AM

    I love how you walked through it step by step :) Thank you for sharing - this is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing. I love your version of verse mapping and I am thankful you showed us step by step. I especially appreciated just how intimate the verses became.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for reading ladies, blessed me doing so!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your "treasure hunt" strategy and what you were able to find and share!! I will have to try it sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your love letter from God and His beautiful words to you. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Valerie..I never thought of it as a "love letter from God" but that is exactly what it was. Thank you for that, I love it!!!!! Makes it even more meaningful.

      Delete
    2. Angela - - LOVE that you called verse mapping a treasure hunt with Jesus!!! <3 The way you broke the verse down is just beautiful!!! What a great letter to you from God!!! Great idea to insert your name for "you" in the verse! EXCELLENT!! ~Stacey

      Delete
    3. Thank you so much Stacey!!!

      Delete