Wednesday, May 21, 2014

I wish life storms came with radar...

If only we had a radar screen to detect up and coming storms of life like an approaching thunderstorm is detected.  To give us the visual of how long the storm will last and the severity of it.  Unfortunately, storms of life don't work that way.  Can I be honest?  I have control issues.  They used to be severe control issues...like when the warning sirens would go off kinda bad control issues.  My poor husband would run for cover as quick as he could.  Thank you Jesus for helping me realize it and in the process of changing me.  I am better then I was, but still not where I need to be.  A process ; a series of actions or steps taken in order to achieve a particular end. (google dictionary).  Asking God to help me not be a control freak is a process.  My part is I admit to Him I have issues (LOL)  my series of action is admitting it to Him (even though he already knows), asking for forgiveness, laying it at the cross and seeking His help along the way.  I am so thankful for the cross, aren't you?  For His amazing grace and love.  I love Him more and more everyday.  Storms of life can come quickly and out of nowhere. We don't have that radar screen to tell us how long the severity will last. However, we have something far better, God! He is above all things and has the best visual don't you think? As my oldest son said once, "God's ears must be ginormous for being able to hear everyone's prayers" Prayer is our way of communicating with Him and vital.   So when it really gets ugly, and lightning is crashing all around pray, spend time with Him, read His word.  Don't run frantically around trying to figure it all out.  He is drawing you in and has so many wonderful things on the other side of the storm.  Hang on to Him!


No comments:

Post a Comment