Monday, May 5, 2014

Let the children come to me...

I am outside with the "Diemer Dudes" as I call them, having fun watching them play together. Soon after two boys that I am unfamiliar with came rolling in.  Literally, on scooters.  I allowed them to play because they were with our neighbor boys from across the street.  Within the first 3 seconds I knew that "Gabe" was a boy I did not want my boys hanging around with.  I was about to tell him he needs to leave and then I felt in my spirit "going home" would not be the best place to send him.  He hung around for a bit longer and then left as abruptly as he rolled in.  I told them to be safe and they rolled away.  I thanked God for my boys and blessing me with them.  But,  in those brief moments I ask God to help me with those interactions.  I am thankful my boys are in a home full of Him, and parents who are trying their best to raise them in a Godly way.  There are so many kids out there though that don't have that.  I don't know if I have any impact on those kids in such a short amount of time.  But, what if I do? I want to be able to see passed the way they speak and act.  To see their heart, and offer grace.  They are God's children. They are fearfully and wonderfully made just like my boys.  But, they might not ever have had any one tell them that.  It breaks my heart knowing that there are so many lost.  So many kids not knowing what it feels like to be loved.

 Please Father help me to be brave and speak those things over the children you bring into my driveway.  Help me to be a reflection of you.  Lord, you said "let the children come to me, and do not forbid them; for of such is the kingdom of heaven...Matthew 19:14".  They are your kids, help me to treat them as you would.


No comments:

Post a Comment