Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Nothing was working this morning, and I was about to slip into the anger trap..

For whatever reason all of my boys woke up with the grumps.  They didn't want to play with each other, speak kindly or even be in the same room.  At first, I tried talking to each one individually explaining why their behavior wasn't acceptable.  My youngest, Elijah who is 3, got placed in time out multiple times. I then had one of those lose it moments and just started yelling cause nothing was working(all that did was hurt my throat and made me more upset).  As I am yelling I felt that I was to send everyone for individual devotional time.  I thought ok, I will try it.  As I sent them to do that I felt God tell me, no you need to sit down too and have it again with me.  It was probably about 7 or 8 minutes and the boys came bouncing back in to tell me what they read.  Wouldn't you know their daily devotional lessons were on "treating others how you want to be treated" and "Joseph, loving his brothers even after being thrown into a pit and sold"...WOW!! Thank you God for that.  Not just a lesson for them but for me too.  Nothing was working because I didn't ask God how to handle this frustrating situation that was just escalating to heights of anger.  Those short but effective minutes of getting quiet with God at our own levels was what it took.  If you too are having one of those days where frustrations are building, nothing is working and you feel like you are about to lose your anger.  Sit down, take a time out, read a devotional, pray, journal, something, and let God handle it.  Letting go and letting God handle it.  Don't fall into the traps of the enemy but the hands of the Father.  Be refreshed and having an amazing day!

This is the day the Lord has made, let us rejoice and be glad in it!

No comments:

Post a Comment