Saturday, July 26, 2014

I love hearing my boys sing to Jesus...

Yesterday, my youngest Elijah who is 3, was running some errands with me.  The boy makes me laugh constantly.  He is extremely social and loves to talk to people.  As we were going through the stores getting the items that we needed he is singing the song "Go" by "Hillsong".  No cares about if he was in tune or if anyone heard him he was just singing a song that was in his heart.

Worship music is a huge part in our home. We constantly have it on and I see the effects it has on our family. My boys go from room to room singing the words.  Sometimes the words aren't exaclty what the song is saying but they are singing their little hearts out.  I want them to be full of Jesus always.  I want it to be a normal thing to praise and worship God, daily.

Train up a child in the way we should go, And when he is old he will not depart from it.  Proverbs 22:6

Whether it is air drumming or singing a song of praise, I always want to instill the gift of praising God to my children.  Not just when things are good, great or wonderful but even when things are hard, heart-breaking or hurtful.  In all times I want their first reaction to praise God in all things.

Thank you Father for the gift of praise.  Thank you that my boys sing to you, drum for you, and love you. Thank you for the songs in their hearts and I pray they will always praise you, in your Name...Amen



No comments:

Post a Comment