Thursday, August 28, 2014

Feed my sheep..#WalkforFreedom

I have read the story of Peter and Jesus a few times in the last couple of days.  After the third time I said I know this is something that God is trying to show me.  "Feed my sheep" kept going over and over in my spirit.  What God? What is it that you want me to do? A21, instantly came to mind.  I have had such a heart's cry for the woman trapped in slavery in the world.  I feel helpless because I think what can one person do.  I feel like there is no one else around my city to help. I follow and support the A21 campaign with Christine Caine.  There is going to be a world wide event on October 18th for "Walk for Freedom".  I am going to do what I can to attempt to host this event in Battle Creek, Michigan where I live.  I have never hosted an event of any kind.  Feel a bit overwhelmed as to where to even start but I must do something.  I have to do something.  I wear the "Because" bracelet all the time to spark a conversation with others about what it means.

I wear t-shirts to bring awareness to it.  I use social media via Twitter in attempt to link up with others who have the same passion.

We must "Feed His sheep".  We can't turn our back on those who desperately need us.  We can't say "oh, that's too bad but what can we do"...Feed my sheep...Feed my sheep.  Will you help me? Will you link up with someone in your area, contact your home church, spread the word on social media, and most of all Pray.

The A21 campaign has a devotional on YouVersion and it gives you daily prayers and scriptures to pray for those afflicted in this horrific act of slavery.

If you are in the Battle Creek, Michigan area be watching for the sign up and get involved to join with me on the day of supporting "Walk For Freedom"!!
http://www.thea21campaign.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment