Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Step In

The idea of "clean eating" terrified me.  To be honest, I thought those people were "loco" or "trend setters".. Sorry about that, I ask for your forgiveness.  I knew Immanuel (God with me) was asking me to do this.  I won't bore you with all the details of that 2 year conversation and avoidance problem on my side.  But, I did try other ways.  Ways to side step not step in to what Immanuel was asking of me.  So, of course my ways were not working.

As of December 29, 2014 I said yes, yes to God and started the detox zone of clean eating.  I have been #cleaneating #paleo food now for a week.  That might not mean much to some but it is HUGE to this mama of 3 boys and pantry full of pretzels, goldfish, peanut butter crackers, oats, pasta, bagels....  Ok, now I am getting hungry... I told my boys "If you see mommy rolling around on the floor crying for bread just keep moving."

It has been difficult some days more then others.  But, to be doing something to please God gives me the strength to keep going.  Gives me the strength when I pray help me Lord, I want to please you.  It's not about the scale, or being cool, or any other crazy idea.  It is about being obedient to what God is asking of me. I am not really sure why He is asking me to do this, but it doesn't matter.  I just want to do it because He did ask me.  I love Him more then anything.  It is going to be a refining time with blessings I am sure of.

Is there something He is asking you to do that you think is way beyond capability?  If He is asking you then He will supply you with the capable part.  All you need to do is step in!

No comments:

Post a Comment