Thursday, April 30, 2015

Cannonball !!!

Think back to a time when you were younger.  Your on the bank of a river, lake or pond.  Standing their contemplating your steps.  Thinking of going slow and easy into the water.  Giving allowance, to get used to the temperature, and what it feels like.  Nice and easy, the comfortable planning way I usually do things. Well, this morning that changed.  The safe planning way went out the window when God spoke this into my heart.

He said..... I want you to JUMP!  I want you to run, take flight, assume the cannonball position and jump in the water.  Don't hesitate, don't think about the what if's and how come's, what you will look like, what other's will say.  No, just run and jump!

I have no idea what I am jumping into at this moment, and it doesn't even bother me.  God knows I like to plan, analyze, organize and make sure everything lines up.  But, this morning I have this little kid excitement of running off the bank of the river and leaping into the air. Let me see if can create a visual... Standing on the bank with excitement on my face, running towards the water full speed, leaping into the air, the impact of cool water taking your breathe away.  Going under and then surfacing back to the top saying that was AWESOME, let's do it again!

I am leaping in that freedom today.  Where to?  Not a clue, but it is going to be so much fun!!


No comments:

Post a Comment