Wednesday, April 22, 2015

To Be Successful

The world looks at success in an upside down way of what God states is success.  The worldly status depends on what you do for a living, where you went to school, how much income you make, how big is your house, what vehicle you drive, if you are single or married.  The list can go on and on.  You feel defeated because your list doesn't come even close to in comparison with others.  Don't let defeat settle in. Listen to this... Can I tell you something that I just realized this morning?  I am a success. You are a success. The bible tells us so.  Lets go to Genesis 39:2, it reads as this in the New King James Version:

The Lord was with Joseph, and he was a successful man; and he was in the house of his master the Egyptian.

here is the New Living Translation (which is my personal favorite version)

The Lord was with Joseph, so he succeeded in everything he did as he served in the home of his Egyptian master.

It wasn't Joseph's job, his attire, his status that made him successful.  No it was because God was with him, that is what made him successful.  God is with me, I am successful.  God is with you, you are successful.  Put your shoulders back, stand tall (not in a prideful way), and believe " I am a success because God is with me" 

No comments:

Post a Comment