Friday, May 1, 2015

Stop it, Stop it, Stop it

Comparison, Measure, Judge....

Not the three words I would like to have inscribed on my heart, but they were there. (ugh)

The last couple of days the Holy Spirit kept bringing the words "stop comparing" across my path. Then a magazine was delivered to my mailbox yesterday that seemed like the word "compare" was used 10 times.  I would see something else with the word "comparison" on social media, or a photograph.  They were like arrows flying at me everytime!

Attention, Attention "STOP COMPARING"

I know that I compare myself to the talents of others.  I know it is wrong, and I don't want to be that way.  I want to stop measuring myself and sizing me up to others.  Why do I do that?  Where did that lie take root at? 

Off to scripture I go...I love using the concordance in the back of the bible.  I use it all the time for what I call Treasure Hunts in Scripture.  So, I looked up the word comparing and saw 2 Corninthians 10:12..

"For we dare not class ourselves or compare ourselves with those who commend themselves. But, they measuring themselves by themselves, and comparing themselves among themselves, are not wise."

Comparing, Measuring = NOT WISE

next one...stay with me here

"For with what judgment you judge, you will be judged; and with the measure you use, it will be measured back to you."

Judge, Measure = It will come back at you
(if I could insert a scream here, I would...screaming all that junk out)

I know that didn't seem like a treasure hunt, but sometimes you have to get through all the seaweed and muck to discover the beauty.

Here is the beauty...
Zechariah 2:8

I am the apple of God's eye..

here is what I apply

In order for God to be able to fully use the gifts and talents He has placed upon me, I need to stop sizing myself up against others.  Stop it, Stop it, Stop it...for it is not wise!
 
(just had a crazy visual just pop in my mind.  It happens alot, I must say.  Normally my husband just gets to hear of the craziness, but I will share with you today.  Are you aware of the scene from the movie Flashdance where the actress is dancing so fast with her feet while the song "Maniac" is playing?  Or, in Tommy Boy at the gas station with the same song (laughing now)? Either one they are shaking it off so to say.  I can't dance that fast, but in my mind I see myself shaking off the ugliness of comparing, judging and measuring.  NO more being a maniac of comparing) 

No comments:

Post a Comment