Thursday, May 28, 2015

Waking up with Jesus


My youngest, Elijah, still calls for me when he first wakes up in the morning.  As I open his door he has a huge smile on his face.  I bend down and kiss his forehead as I say good morning.  I tell him I love him and he says it back to me.  He gets out of bed and I follow behind him.  Guiding him to make sure he doesn't bump into the walls from being groggy headed.  

As I was walking out of his room I felt like isn't that exactly what the Lord wants to do for us? As we open our eyes in the morning we call out to Him first.  We say "I love you Lord, you are my strength...Psalms 18:1"  He bends down and kisses our forehead.  He surrounds us and guides us as we walk through the day. What a beautiful way to begin our day, with Him as He gently kisses our forehead walking in His strength.

I love you Lord, you are my strength
Psalms 18:1



No comments:

Post a Comment