Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Die to Self

Being a planner, organizer, getting things ready for the day has put me into this mind set of "inconvenience" is well inconvenient.  I am missing out on so much more that God has for me, because of this organized box of what fits nicely and what doesn't.  Well, I die to self today....Forgive me Lord.

Romans 14:7-8 For we don't live for ourselves or die for ourselves. If we live, it's to honor the Lord. And if we die, it's to honor the Lord. So whether we live or die, we belong to the Lord.

I was a tad confused when I first read that verse this morning.  So, I sat.  I felt it was something God wanted me to soak in, but couldn't quite put my finger on it.  Then He spoke.  I am missing out on the goodness He has for me because I am afraid of doing things not in the plan of the day.  Not wanting to rock the boat kinda stuff.  Being stretched, being adventurous, stop trying to fit everything in a detailed plan.  I don't need to know all the details all the time.  It all comes down to trust.  "Do you trust me?", he asks...I respond "yes, Lord I do".  Then let go!  

No comments:

Post a Comment