Thursday, October 22, 2015

DO Something #livefree


Isaiah 48:17, "This is what the Lord says--your Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel: "I am the Lord your God, who teaches you what is good for you and leads you along the paths you should follow."  

Normally, I like to be on a path that I am familiar with.  I know the turns and where the path is taking me. 

My reliance shouldn't be on the comfort of the path, but in the Comforter.  I don't need to know all the twists, turns, ditches, and detours along the way. The Lord said, He will lead me along the path I should follow.  He will not just lead, but teach me what is good for me along the way too.   

I used to be afraid to take a step without knowing absolutely for sure, is this what God wants?  Some times fear of doing the incorrect would hold me back from doing anything at all.  I have to remember He will teach me what is good for me, and trust Him.  I know He will absolutely blow my mind in what He does. 

Let's do something for the kingdom of God!  

Father thank you, for Your word!  Thank you for teaching me, guiding me and watching over me as I step out in this new adventure.  My trust is in You.  In Jesus name, Amen


2 comments:

  1. Yes! When He directs and I follow, things always turn out just right. It is when I do the leading and take those funny roads that I get into binds.
    Right now, I am in one of those times that I am waiting on God to give me directions and the wait is really tough. So taking those steps forward is hard, but the waiting is hard when God seems so silent!! In this moment, His silence is deafening and I have not a clue what I am supposed to do...at all! So I shall wait and pray for now. Glad I came by for your words remind me that I can step forward once I have heard His will for my steps, even if I am still unsure about pieces and parts of the adventure.
    Caring through Christ, ~ linda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Linda for reading my post, and for sharing your heart here. Sometimes for me in those silent times I do take a small step, to see if yes this is the way. He is such a gentle God, and will show you. I am praying for you Linda.

      Delete