Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Compassion, What does it mean to you?


What does this word mean to you?  Just sit for a second, and ask Him, " How do you, Lord, define compassion?"

God has been dropping these "one" word type phrases to me the past few weeks.   Just one word He speaks.  That's it, no sentence or phrase just a single word.   Here is the list I have compiled so far:

Reverence
Strength
Stretch
Bold
Passion
and the newest Compassion

Words we all know, right?  Or do we?   

I used to be terrified to feel emotions.  I didn't want to feel, because then I felt vulnerable weak and sad. But, how can I fully love God, and love others if I do not have compassion for them.  It's more then just "oh, that's too bad", and then on to the next thing.  It's "Lord, this breaks my heart as I know it does yours; what can I do Father?"  

2 comments: