Monday, January 11, 2016

Whispers of a Wake Up


"Come spend time with me"....I struggle to open my eyes and wake up.  Again, I hear a gentle whisper "come spend time with me".  I sat up looked around ( a little disoriented), and then I recognized it was the Lord waking me up.   

Normally I wake up like clock work right around the same time every morning.  The past few nights though I haven't been able to get to sleep until around 3:30 a.m.  I have had some sick little ones that needed their mama to sit with them until they were able to sleep themselves.  I was rocking them, praying over them, and just sitting there trying to comfort them.  Until, finally they were able to fall asleep.  So my normal wake up time of 6 a.m. came rather quickly, and I was still very sound asleep. He and I spend our quiet time every morning together, before the daily activities begin. He didn't want to miss that time with me, and He knew I didn't want to miss it either.  So, He gently stirred me awake.  Oh, how I need that time with Him first thing in the morning. The thought of His gentle whispers this morning waking me up so we could have our time, makes me love Him even more. Just like I was sitting with my boys waiting for them to fall asleep, God was waiting for me to wake up and spend our time together. 

I love those who love me, and those who seek me early and diligently shall find me. Proverbs 8:17 AMP
   

No comments:

Post a Comment