Thursday, August 25, 2016

It Doesn't Have to Make Sense


My youngest son, Elijah who is 5, doesn't like it when I leave for my walk.  Bending down to kiss his forehead I whispered, "Mommy will be back in 37 minutes."

My fastest time was 39 minutes.  I know ... he won't even know the 2 minute time difference, but I felt like I had lied to him.

This is my normal walking route, and I always go to the right.  This day I felt the nudge to go left, and I did. Only after taking a few steps into it, I thought "Wait, this doesn't make sense. It's uphill, harder, and will probably take longer." (I had the 2 minute difference on my mind.)

Abruptly, I pivoted around and headed back my normal way, to the right.  There, this makes more sense ...



I was off to the races and getting in the groove of my pace.  For some reason, I could not stop shaking the idea I should have went the other way.  And, I wondered was it God telling me to go the other way?

I decided to turn back around, yet again.  Maybe, it was God and I should be obedient, even if it doesn't make sense.

Shortly after my directional change I noticed my strides started to get quicker, and my footing felt different. My leg wasn't shaking, and there was a new strength in the placement of my foot, every step I took.  My endurance seemed to be growing too.  I realized it actually isn't harder this way, and I am booking it!  My pace, my strength, my endurance, all growing by the second.  Even going uphill!

Now, you may be thinking walking isn't that hard.  The part I didn't let you in on, was during a previous knee surgery about 3 years ago, my right leg had been paralyzed for almost 15 months. My muscles wouldn't work properly, and I was confined to crutches for the entire time.  You see now, this is HUGE!

A miracle I have prayed for, believed by faith it would happen! No pain, strength, HEALED!  I was trying to make sense of everything now and it was all happening so fast.  The thought, the route change, listening to voice inside me say "go the other way."  It was God telling me too!

 Deep inside my spirit I felt Him say to me, "It doesn't need to make sense."

"My thoughts are nothing like your thoughts", says the Lord. "And my ways are higher than your ways and my thoughts higher than your thoughts." Isaiah 55:8-9 NLT

It's by faith, not by sight! By believing you have received even before you see the answer.  Being obedient even when it doesn't make sense.

I am quickly coming to the end of my route now.  My energy is through the roof, and I am pumped! I slide my finger across finish workout, and the time 37 minutes, 11 seconds.

37 minutes!  Immediately, I felt the Lord say to me, "You have what you say!"

I have been praying I am healed since 11-1-2013.  Even though the strength wasn't there, and pain still existed I kept speaking I was healed.  Believing by faith!  I left my home this morning saying I will be home in 37 minutes and I was.  There is power in the words you speak.

What all started as a normal route, ended up being a miraculous healing and lesson for me.  You have what you say, and it doesn't need to make sense.

" I tell you, you can pray for anything, and if you believe that you've received it, it will be yours."
Mark 11:24 NLT







6 comments:

  1. Awesome testimony friend! So glad you are walking in your healing!!! I remember those days and I am so glad you have held on to God's promise for you and persevered. You are such an inspiration. :) Trent and I actually wrote a song a couple months back about the power in the words we speak. We will have to send it to you whenever we finally get to recording a video of it or something :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would LOVE to hear your song!!! Our boys love the album and sing the words all the time. I will try and sneak a video of them doing it, and sent it to you. Praying for you guys!

      Delete
  2. I love this testimony, Angie! It's a great reminder of the things God has done for us and the things we're still believing for him to do. There is so much power in simple obedience and our words. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Pam!! Hugs to you too friend!

      Delete
  3. You are so right...there is power in the words we say! That is why we should always be mindful of the effect that they may have, good or bad. Thank you Angela.

    ReplyDelete